9
weeks
13 weeks
Baby Bennett – 1st trimester...
1st month
highlights
- faces takes place with large dark circles for eyes
- faces takes place with large dark circles for eyes
- mouth, lower jaw and throat are developing
- blood cells are taking shape and circulation will begin
2nd month
highlights
- tiny buds that grow into arms and legs are forming
- tiny buds that grow into arms and legs are forming
- fingers, toes and eyes are forming
- the neural tube(brain, spine and other tissue of the central
nervous system) is formed
- digestive track and sensory organs begin to develop
- bone starts to replace cartilage
3rd month
highlights
- by the end of the 3rd month baby Bennett is fully formed
- by the end of the 3rd month baby Bennett is fully formed
- arms, hands, fingers, feet and toes and can open and close its
fists and mouth- fingernails and toenails are beginning to form- reproductive organs develop
-circulatory and urinary systems are working and the liver
produces bile
Baby Bennett at 13 weeks
Size of the baby?
1st month – around 1/4 inch long – about the size of a grain of rice
2nd month – about 1 inch long and weighs about 1/3 ounce – about the size of a blueberry
3rd month – about 3-4 inches long and weighs about 1 ounce – about the size of an egg
1st month – around 1/4 inch long – about the size of a grain of rice
2nd month – about 1 inch long and weighs about 1/3 ounce – about the size of a blueberry
3rd month – about 3-4 inches long and weighs about 1 ounce – about the size of an egg
Maternity Clothes?
Although I’m not able to button my pants anymore I have not gotten any maternity clothes. The only purchase made thus far is two BeBand’s one black and one white. Thanks to the warm weather dresses have been my new outfit of choice.
Although I’m not able to button my pants anymore I have not gotten any maternity clothes. The only purchase made thus far is two BeBand’s one black and one white. Thanks to the warm weather dresses have been my new outfit of choice.
Stretch marks?
I’ve heard that it doesn’t matter what you do stretch marks are genetic. However, that doesn’t mean I’m not going to do everything I can to avoid them J I’m drinking lots of water and using lotion on my stomach and sides every day.
I’ve heard that it doesn’t matter what you do stretch marks are genetic. However, that doesn’t mean I’m not going to do everything I can to avoid them J I’m drinking lots of water and using lotion on my stomach and sides every day.
Best Moments?
There were multiple during the first trimester, here are just a few:
* seeing baby B for the first time via ultrasound
* seeing the flicker of baby B’s heartbeat on ultrasound
* hearing baby B’s heartbeat, and it’s a healthy one!
* sharing the news with our family and friends
There were multiple during the first trimester, here are just a few:
* seeing baby B for the first time via ultrasound
* seeing the flicker of baby B’s heartbeat on ultrasound
* hearing baby B’s heartbeat, and it’s a healthy one!
* sharing the news with our family and friends
Movement?
Although I’ve been told and read that baby B is already very active I have not been able to feel any movements. According to the books I probably won’t feel the baby move until 18-22 weeks.
Although I’ve been told and read that baby B is already very active I have not been able to feel any movements. According to the books I probably won’t feel the baby move until 18-22 weeks.
Food Cravings?
I took a liking to anything orange during the first trimester – orange juice, carrots, cheddar cheese, mac and cheese, cheetos, cheese puffs, etc. Besides that I didn’t really have any cravings.
I took a liking to anything orange during the first trimester – orange juice, carrots, cheddar cheese, mac and cheese, cheetos, cheese puffs, etc. Besides that I didn’t really have any cravings.
Anything making you queasy or sick?
Luckily I had a pretty smooth first trimester. Rarely did anything make me queasy or sick and there weren’t any foods I stopped eating – although many veggies taste like dirt.
Luckily I had a pretty smooth first trimester. Rarely did anything make me queasy or sick and there weren’t any foods I stopped eating – although many veggies taste like dirt.
Nausea/Vomiting?
I was also fortunate to not have any morning sickness. I did get nauseous if I didn’t eat anything for awhile therefore I made sure to have a small something every 2-3 hours.
Symptoms?
With the exception of being tired and going to bed earlier than usual sometimes and visiting the bathroom a lot more things have been smooth sailing! Prior to the transfer and throughout the entire first trimester I had acupuncture once a week. I don’t know if that helped keep symptoms at bay or ward them off but I’ve felt great and would highly suggest acupuncture to anyone!
I was also fortunate to not have any morning sickness. I did get nauseous if I didn’t eat anything for awhile therefore I made sure to have a small something every 2-3 hours.
Symptoms?
With the exception of being tired and going to bed earlier than usual sometimes and visiting the bathroom a lot more things have been smooth sailing! Prior to the transfer and throughout the entire first trimester I had acupuncture once a week. I don’t know if that helped keep symptoms at bay or ward them off but I’ve felt great and would highly suggest acupuncture to anyone!
Labor signs?
Nope and let’s hope nothing happens for another 6 months J
Nope and let’s hope nothing happens for another 6 months J
Gender?
Unknown – I think it’s a girl, Ryan thinks it’s a boy
Unknown – I think it’s a girl, Ryan thinks it’s a boy
Belly Button In or Out?
Innie and let’s hope it stays that way!
Innie and let’s hope it stays that way!
Wedding rings On or Off?
All three wedding rings are on and I’m hoping to keep it that way for the entire pregnancy.
All three wedding rings are on and I’m hoping to keep it that way for the entire pregnancy.
Sleep?
Sleep has not been a problem. I fall asleep very quickly and have been known to take a cat nap or two during the weekends.
Sleep has not been a problem. I fall asleep very quickly and have been known to take a cat nap or two during the weekends.
What I miss?
I don’t miss anything! I’m so excited to finally be pregnant that I’m just taking everything in.
I don’t miss anything! I’m so excited to finally be pregnant that I’m just taking everything in.
What
I'm looking forward to?
Feeling baby Bennett move!
Finding out the sex of the baby! Although that will be a few weeks yet.
Feeling baby Bennett move!
Finding out the sex of the baby! Although that will be a few weeks yet.

LOVE the update (and the shout out)! Keep blogging!!! I am so excited for you guys!
ReplyDelete