Monday, October 22, 2012

24 weeks - 6 months!!

 
Baby Bennett this week…
-
Baby B is growing more every week, this week she gained about 4 ounces
- Her brain is growing quickly and her taste buds are continuing to develop
- Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help her air sacs inflate once she hits the outside world
 
Size of the baby?
baby B measures over 11 ½ inches long, head to heel, and weighs about 1 pound, 4 ounces
Maternity Clothes?
I’m hoping to do a little shopping this coming weekend to get a few more maternity clothes, now that the weather is getting colder I need to wear more layers, especially since I can be cold one minute and then really hot the next. 
Stretch marks?
Not a one!
Best Moments?
Getting the crib and nightstand, we ordered all the furniture for the nursery a couple weeks ago and it’s a good thing we did because the dresser is on back order until December.  They didn’t think we would get it until sometime around Christmas or after the first of the year.  Ryan finished painting the nursery and it looks great!  Ryan also got to feel a good kick the other night
J
Movement?
Over the last couple of days she’s been moving a lot more and Ryan was able to feel a good kick the other night which we were both pretty excited about.  It’s hard to believe I’m already six months pregnant!  I’m trying to be mindful of every kick and/or movement because I know in a few short months I’ll be holding her in my arms.
Food Cravings?
I’m still drinking a lot of lemonade and any “craving” I do have tends to be satisfied as soon as I eat whatever it is.  With the exception of lemonade and chocolate everything else seems to pass quickly. 
Anything making you queasy or sick?
The smell of seafood, more specifically crab, yuck!
Nausea/Vomiting?
Nope
Symptoms?
I’m still having some discomfort in my abdomen as my ligaments continue to stretch.  However, it’s nothing that is too severe and I tend to notice it more if I move certain ways to I tend to avoid those moves :)
Labor signs?
Nope, she is comfortable right where she is and we are hoping she says that way for a couple more months.
Gender?
GIRL!!
Belly Button In or Out?
Still no change to my belly button.
Wedding rings On or Off?
All my rings are still on!!
Sleep?
Sleeping has continued to be somewhat of an issue.  I just can’t seem to get comfortable or as soon as I fall asleep on my side I wake up and flip to my other side.  I’ve also woken up on my back a couple times which freaks me out since I’m not supposed to sleep on my back.  I’m guessing I’m not sleeping the best because I’m constantly thinking about sleeping on my side and not my back. 
What I miss?
Sleeping on my stomach.
What I'm looking forward to?
Carving pumpkins this weekend and spending some time with my sister and Ryan.  I’m also looking forward to kicking my sister’s butt in fantasy football this weekend ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Too bad you and your little package are going to know the sadness of defeat this Sunday, you're going down.

    ReplyDelete