Saturday, December 29, 2012

33 and 34 weeks!

 Baby Bennett this week…
33 weeks: baby B is rapidly losing her wrinkles and looks less like an alien and more like a baby :) and her skeleton is hardening
34 weeks: baby B’s skin is smoother than ever and her central nervous system and lungs are continuing to mature
 

Size of the baby?
33 weeks – baby B passed the 17 inch mark and weighs about 4 pounds
34 weeks – baby B is almost 18 inches long and now weighs about 4 ¾ pounds
Maternity Clothes?
I’m still wearing many of Ryan’s t-shirts when we are at home lounging and haven’t purchased anymore maternity clothes and I don’t plan on doing so since we only have about a month to go.
Stretch marks?
Two more weeks down and still no stretch marks – only a couple more weeks to go!!
Best Moments?
Spending time with Ryan over the last couple of days putting baby B’s room together.  After we put the crib together we both stood back and just looked at it in ah.  We still can’t believe that we are going to be parents in a few short weeks, that it’s finally our time.  After hugging and sharing some tears we continued to put the rest of her room together.  It’s amazing to think that everything in her room, with the exception of the furniture, were gifts from family and friends.  It’s clear that we have very generous family and friends and that this little girl is already very loved. 
We were also extremely happy to hear that once baby B makes her arrival she will be able to stay in the operating room with Ryan and me as they finish things up with the c-section.  We thought she would be quickly taken to the nursery and Ryan would have to decide if he was going to stay with me or go to the nursery with her but as long as I’m healthy, she’s healthy and there are no complications we will stay together as a family from the moment she is born. 
Movement?
Movement continues to be constant, we enjoy spending time at night watching my stomach as she moves from one side to the next.  She also appears to enjoy car rides because as soon as we start driving somewhere she starts moving all over.  If she keeps that up after her arrival we won’t be able to take her for a car ride if she’s fussy ;-)
Food Cravings?
Raspberries, fruit and cucumbers.
Anything making you queasy or sick?
Still nothing, looks like I’m in the clear!
Nausea/Vomiting?
I’ve had to adjust what time I eat dinner at night to ensure I have enough time to digest it because there have been a couple nights when I’ve woken up and felt like I had to vomit because of acid reflux.  
Symptoms?
My feet and calves have started to get pretty swollen during the day therefore I’ve gotten two pairs of fashionable knee high compression socks.  I must say while they may not be the most attractive things, having a pair in beige and black helps, they have definitely helped with the swelling.  My fingers have also started to swell slightly. 
Labor signs?
Braxton Hicks contractions are the closest thing to labor signs.  T-minus 5 weeks until her scheduled arrival when she will be 39 weeks, 2 days.
Gender?
GIRL!!
Belly Button In or Out?
My belly button is still an innie but it is very shallow.
Wedding rings On or Off?
It’s hard for me to admit this because I was really hoping to make it through the entire pregnancy wearing all my rings but sadly I’ve had to stop wearing one of my bands.  Therefore, I’m down to two rings, my engagement ring and one band.    
Sleep?
The heartburn medication and eating earlier have really helped with sleeping.  Now if I could just sleep for more than 2-3 hours :) 
What I miss?
Nothing major, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – I love being pregnant!!
What I'm looking forward to?
Relaxing over the next few days, Ryan and I don’t have to go back to work until January 2 and now that the nursery is fairly put together we can hopefully spend some time relaxing.  We are also in the process of “inventorying” everything we’ve gotten and making a list of other things we’d like to get before she arrives, which is not much.

No comments:

Post a Comment