Monday, October 21, 2013

My sister ran a HALF MARATHON!

This weekend we packed up and headed to Mankato Saturday morning because my sister was running her first 1/2 marathon on Sunday.  On our way down we stopped at Jim's Apple Farm to pick up some pumpkins, a homemade fresh baked hot out of the oven strawberry rhubarb pie and some apple turnovers.  I didn't get any photos because Madelyn was sleeping so I stayed in the car with her while Ryan picked out some pumpkins.  Aside from going to the marathon expo with my sister we spent the majority of the day with Ryan's parents.  It was nice to see them and once again Madelyn got to play with some "new to her" toys.  I love watching her check out new things, she studies them, more often then not puts them in her month and then bangs them together :)

Sunday I tracked my sister as she ran the half marathon and made it down to the finish line with about 20 minutes to spare.  It was her first half marathon and he did great - I'm so proud of her!  She wanted to finish in between 2 hours and 2 hours 15 minutes (9.16-10.30 min/mile) and her official finish time was 2 hours 6 minutes and 15 seconds which means she averaged about 9 minutes and 36 seconds per mile!  

Here are a few photos of her as she ran through the finish line and one with her friend, Allison, they ran the race together. 









Amber & Allison

Congratulations Amber!!  I'm so proud of you :)
I'm linking up with Sami for Weekend Shenanigans!


No comments:

Post a Comment