Monday, December 2, 2013

Weekend Recap: It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

I'm sure some of you thought I'd be posting about Madelyn's 1st Thanksgiving today but I'm saving that for tomorrow's Baby Talk.  This past weekend it was all about decorating the house for Christmas!  I still can't believe Christmas is in 3.5 weeks, man oh man do we have a lot to get done between now and then :)  Plus we both are very busy with work between now and Christmas and we have something going on every single weekend between now and then. 
 
Therefore, we knew if we were going to decorate the house at all it had to get done this weekend.  This also meant I was going to have to fight the crowds and go to Target on gasp - Black Friday!  For those of you that don't know I used to work in retail and once I got out of it I swore I'd never go near a mall or store on black Friday and I haven't up until this past Friday.  However, I recently purchased a 9 foot artificial tree from the "classifieds" at work and I must say it's the best purchase I've made yet - totally worth it!  But, this tree was my reason for going to Target I had to get more lights and ornaments.  And, I must admit it wasn't that bad at 6 p.m. on Friday night.  I didn't have to fight any crowds was able to park 3 spots from the door and even got to take advantage of a door buster - yep, there were still "door busters" available! 
 
Anyway, back to the tree - here's the final product our "new" 9 foot tree
with 1,000 lights and 226 ornaments!
 
 

In addition to the tree we also got the stockings hung on the mantle, with the exception of Madelyn's, garland on the railing and a few other things up. 
 

Every year we always put up two trees and this year was no exception.  The tree in the porch is decorated with all of my ornaments from when I was a baby until now.  Yes, I still get an ornament from my parents every year for Christmas and I love it.  Ryan gets one too and I'm sure the tradition will be passed down to Madelyn.  It's so fun to look at them every year and it brings back great memories.  I love this tree!  


 Decorating the house consumed our Saturday and Sunday because as luck would have it decorating with a 10 month old scooting around makes it a bit more challenging and takes a little more time :)
 
I'm linking up with the lovely Sami for Weekend Shenanigans!

2 comments:

  1. How fuuuuun! It totally took me 2-3 days to decorate because I tried to do most of it during nap and bed time :) I didn't want Mia to see me touching the ornaments and messing with the tree and thinking it was free game for her to get into :) It's so different celebrating the holidays with out littles... AND SO FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your cute little blog trough the link up. My brothers and I also continue to get a ornament every year even now when we're into our 20s. But I love the tradition and plan to hopefully continue it with my own mini mes one day.

    ReplyDelete