Saturday, September 15, 2012

18 weeks


Baby Bennett this week…
- B is busy flexing his/her arms and legs
- blood vessels are visible through the skin and the ears are now in their final position
- a protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around the nerves and is a process that will continue for a year after B is born

Size of the baby?
baby measures about 5 ½ inches long and weighs almost 7 ounce – about the size of a bell pepper
Maternity Clothes?
My mom and I went and checked out some maternity clothes this past weekend.  Luckily I found some dress pants, a pair of jeans and a few shirts all of which were on sale.

Stretch marks?
No sign of any!
Best Moments?
Seeing all the survivors at the 13th Annual Silent No More Walk/Run for Ovarian Cancer it’s great to see the number of survivors increase each year.  A BIG thanks to all that walked with me and to everyone that donated – your support is greatly appreciated!
Movement?
I am feeling more and more movement as the days go by – it’s an amazing feeling and helps to reassure me that everything is going well and baby B is doing just fine.
Food Cravings?
Lemonade, raspberry lemonade, green apples and string cheese!    
Anything making you queasy or sick?
Nadda.    
Nausea/Vomiting?
There are certain smells that seem to make me a little nauseous but I’ve not gotten sick.
Symptoms?
I’ve had quite a bit of heartburn lately and it doesn’t seem to matter what I eat.  Some say heartburn is caused by the babies growing hair and if that’s the case baby B is going to be one hairy baby! 
Labor signs?
We’ve talked with my OB about labor and we’re still gathering more information about my past surgeries to determine if I’ll need to have a c-section.  We need to determine how much they cut into my uterus during surgeries and depending on what we find out I might have a c-section at 36 or 39 weeks.  One thing we know for sure is my doctor doesn’t want to be in a situation where we have to do an emergency c-section because I have a history of having a lot of scar tissue in my abdomen.
Gender?
We are still thinking it’s a girl
J 
Belly Button In or Out?
In
Wedding rings On or Off?
On
Sleep?
Sleep has seemed to have gotten better.  Once I lay down I'm out cold.
What I miss?
Nothing
J
What I'm looking forward to?
I’m meeting two of my best friends for dessert Friday night (last night).  We don’t get together nearly as often as we should so it’s always nice to see them even if it was a bit low key since two out of the three of us our pregnant!  Lisa is due in January so our babies could be very close in age depending on when I have baby B. 

Ryan and I are also attending one of Ryan’s college friends wedding this weekend at Harriet Island.  It looks like it’s going to be a great weekend and we’re excited to see Chris and Melissa tie the knot!

No comments:

Post a Comment