Monday, December 3, 2012

30 weeks!


Baby Bennett this week…
- her eyesight continues to develop although it’s still not very keen
- even when she’s born her vision will be about 20/400 so we’ll need to be a few inches from her face for her to make us out – which I’m sure won’t be a problem because we will be loving her from the minute she is born!
 

Size of the baby?
baby B measures about 15 ½ inches long, head to heel, and weighs about 3 pounds
Maternity Clothes?
The newest addition to my “maternity” wardrobe is Ryan’s t-shirts and sweatshirts.  As soon as I get home from work and when we are lounging around the house at night or during the weekend they are a must.   
Stretch marks?
30 weeks, wow the time has flown by and all without a stretch mark! :)
Best Moments?
I absolutely love seeing her move around in my tummy and I’m pretty sure Ryan enjoys it too.  On more than one occasion we’ve been known to just watch my stomach move. 
Movement?
I’ve not had to call the nurse line again, which is good :)  She is still moving around quite a bit and I think over the coming days/weeks she will get into a routine and I’ll be able to really keep an eye on her movements. 
Food Cravings?
raspberry lemonade and chocolate shakes or vanilla ice cream with Hershey’s chocolate
Anything making you queasy or sick?
The smell of diesel gas still bothers.  There have also been a few times when someone has made something in the galley kitchen at work that doesn’t smell the best so I try and get my lunch really fast so I can get the heck out of there.
Nausea/Vomiting?
Nope
Symptoms?
My scars are still bothering me and I anticipate they will continue to bother me from here on out.  I’ve also noticed that if I wear flat shoes to work my ankles turn into kankels because they swell so much.  But if I wear my heels I’m fine, which is the complete opposite of what happens to a lot of women.  My doctor thinks it’s pretty unusual and funny.   
Labor signs?
As of tomorrow, December 4, we will be two months from our c-section.  Baby B will arrive 9 weeks from today – yes, we are on the home stretch and down to single digit weeks!!
Gender?
GIRL!!
Belly Button In or Out?
Again no change to my belly button.
Wedding rings On or Off?
On :)
Sleep?
I’ve been able to fall sleep on my right side but after about an hour or so need to switch to my left.  And, that is where I remain for the majority of the night unless I prop myself up on my right side to avoid or ward off the heartburn. 
What I miss?
Sleeping on my stomach, back or right side.
What I'm looking forward to?
Our carpet got installed today and it looks fantastic!  I’m looking forward to putting our house back together and finally being able to put my Christmas decorations up.
I have two baby showers this week.  My first is with co-workers on Thursday and the second is my family shower hosted by my sister and Aunt Janet on Saturday.  I’m looking forward to both and it will be nice to have the showers done so we take inventory, so to speak, of what we got and what we still need before she makes her arrival.
 
And, here's a recap of the last 30 weeks...

10 weeks

 

20 weeks

30 weeks

 

No comments:

Post a Comment