Thursday, November 29, 2012

29 weeks


Baby Bennett this week…
- baby B’s muscles and lungs are continuing to mature
- her head is also getting bigger to accommodate her growing brain
- each day about 200-250 milligrams of calcium is deposited into her skeleton, which is now hardening 

Size of the baby?
baby B measures a tad over 15 inches long, head to heel, and weighs about 2 ½ pounds
Maternity Clothes?
The routine continues :)
 
Stretch marks?
Still not a one, woo woo!
Best Moments?
Spending time with our families during the long Thanksgiving weekend it’s always nice to see them, especially since we don’t get down nearly as often as we would like to.  And, we know it will only get worse once baby B arrives.  I was also able to help my mom put one; yes she has more than one, of her Christmas trees up.  It was great because I haven’t been able to put anything up at home and won’t be able to for another week or so because we’re getting new carpet installed. 
Movement?
Earlier this week I was nervous she wasn’t moving as much as she had been over the previous days/weeks so I made a call to the nurse line.  I was told to drink some cold water or a carbonated beverage and then lie down for 1 hour and count the number of movements.  After about 10 minutes it was obvious to me that she might have been tired and was simply resting because she was moving all over.  And I felt extremely silly when I called the nurse line back to let them know how many times she moved in the 1 hour – 89 times!  She was just fine :)
Food Cravings?
raspberry lemonade and chocolate shakes or vanilla ice cream with Hershey’s chocolate
Anything making you queasy or sick?
The smell of diesel gas from trucks and buses, getting behind one while I’m driving is the worst!
Nausea/Vomiting?
Nope
Symptoms?
The more my scars are stretching the more they are bothering me.  Unfortunately there is not anything that I can do about it; I just have to deal with it.  And with all things considered this probably is not a huge problem to have.  Thankfully, my pregnancy has gone very smoothly and I’ve not had many complaints. 
Labor signs?
Only two months to go – February 4 is going to be here before we know it!
Gender?
LITTLE LADY!!
Belly Button In or Out?
It’s still very much an innie.
Wedding rings On or Off?
On without a problem.
Sleep?
I can fall asleep fast but have trouble sleeping for more than an hour or two.  I also have to sleep on my left side because I get horrible heartburn if I sleep on my right side.  And when I say heartburn I mean it’s instant if I lay on my right side I have it immediately and it goes away fairly quickly when I lay of my left side. 
What I miss?
Sleeping on my stomach, back or right side.
What I'm looking forward to?
Our carpet getting installed only a few more days to go and then I’ll be able to put my house back in order and finally decorate for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment