Tuesday, November 20, 2012

28 weeks - 7 months - WOW!

Baby Bennett this week…
- baby B’s able to blink her eyes and she’s also got eyelashes to bat
- her eyesight is developing and she may be able to see light through the womb
- she’s developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for her life outside my tummy :)
Size of the baby?
baby B measures about 14 ¾ inches long, head to heel, and weighs about 2 ¼ pounds
Maternity Clothes?
With the exception of the new sweater I purchased for Thanksgiving I haven’t gotten any more maternity clothes.  I’m guessing my only other exception would be for Christmas, I might need something new by then.
Stretch marks?
7 months down and not a mark, here’s hoping it stays that way!
Best Moments?
Getting a few things accomplished around the house over the weekend.  Thankfully, the weather was warm enough where Ryan was able to get everything outside done before the snow starts to fall and I was able to get the inside of the house cleaned.  He was also able to get 2,000 Christmas lights hung, just in time to turn them on next weekend!
Movement?
She’s gotten into a routine of being very active as soon as I am ready for bed.  She’s also gotten into a habit of having a dance party about 2 or 3 o’clock every morning.  Hopefully she breaks both of these habits before she makes her arrival :)
Food Cravings?
Raspberry Lemonade 
Anything making you queasy or sick?
Nothing new this week.
Nausea/Vomiting?
Nope
Symptoms?
I’ve noticed my sides are sore in the morning probably because she gets comfy in one spot for a long time which makes my muscles on that side sore.  Other times it’s my hips that are sore from staying in the same spot for too long. 
Labor signs?
Nope, not a one!
Gender?
GIRL!!
Belly Button In or Out?
The only change to my belly button has been the scars around it have gotten more prominent.
Wedding rings On or Off?
On
Sleep?
My sleep has been interrupted lately due to the cold I got last week.  I’ve been drinking a lot of orange juice and fluids hoping to flush it out of my system but haven’t had much luck.  I’m really hoping it’s gone by Thursday so I can enjoy Thanksgiving.
What I miss?
Being able to take some cold medicine, even though I’ve been told there are a few things I can take while pregnant I’m not comfortable taking anything.  So I’m trying to get plenty of rest and fluids.
What I'm looking forward to?
Thanksgiving!  We have so many things to be thankful for this year.  This is a year Ryan and I will never forget and we are very grateful for everything that has come our way.  Just as the saying goes, good things come to those who wait and we have sure been waiting a long time. 
We are also taking a tour of the birthing center at the hospital during this week’s child birth class.  We’ve been told it’s a very nice facility and the rooms are like hotel rooms so we’re excited to walk through the center and see it for ourselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment