Baby Bennett this week…
- is running out of room!
- her kidneys are fully developed now and her liver can process some waste products
- her basic development is now complete and she will spend the next few weeks putting on weight
Size of the baby?
baby B is over 18 inches long and now weighs about 5 ¼ pounds
baby B is over 18 inches long and now weighs about 5 ¼ pounds
Maternity Clothes?
I’m back into my routine of work clothes and am sticking to what I said before and not purchasing any more maternity clothes. If I can’t make it four more weeks without purchasing something then I have a problem :)
I’m back into my routine of work clothes and am sticking to what I said before and not purchasing any more maternity clothes. If I can’t make it four more weeks without purchasing something then I have a problem :)
Stretch marks?
Still no stretch marks, yahoo!!
Still no stretch marks, yahoo!!
Best Moments?
Having a very productive weekend – I was able to get a lot of stuff done and feel much better about what we have to do yet. I think “nesting” is in full force. I cleaned out and boxed up some glasses we had in our kitchen and made room for baby B to have four shelves all to herself! I washed all her bottles, bowls, utensils and anything else that we were keeping in the kitchen. Then I tackled her laundry and washed all her bedding, the crib is all set and ready to go, her blankets and all her newborn to three month clothing. I think it’s safe to say we are ready for her to make her grand entrance!
Having a very productive weekend – I was able to get a lot of stuff done and feel much better about what we have to do yet. I think “nesting” is in full force. I cleaned out and boxed up some glasses we had in our kitchen and made room for baby B to have four shelves all to herself! I washed all her bottles, bowls, utensils and anything else that we were keeping in the kitchen. Then I tackled her laundry and washed all her bedding, the crib is all set and ready to go, her blankets and all her newborn to three month clothing. I think it’s safe to say we are ready for her to make her grand entrance!
Movement?
I can tell she is running out of room because her kicks and jabs have gotten stronger. I think she’s laying horizontally in my belly versus vertically, aka head down, because the majority of her movements can be felt on my sides. When she really gets moving my right side gets really hard and we are not sure what body part it is but we think it could be her little booty.
I can tell she is running out of room because her kicks and jabs have gotten stronger. I think she’s laying horizontally in my belly versus vertically, aka head down, because the majority of her movements can be felt on my sides. When she really gets moving my right side gets really hard and we are not sure what body part it is but we think it could be her little booty.
Food Cravings?
Rainbow Sherbet
Rainbow Sherbet
Anything making you queasy or sick?
I’ve noticed some smells make me a little queasy like cooked eggs and sausage, which made it difficult to eat breakfast the other day. And, if I don’t eat breakfast shortly after waking up I get a somewhat upset stomach.
I’ve noticed some smells make me a little queasy like cooked eggs and sausage, which made it difficult to eat breakfast the other day. And, if I don’t eat breakfast shortly after waking up I get a somewhat upset stomach.
Nausea/Vomiting? We have tried very hard to eat dinner earlier in the evening to give my stomach enough time to digest and I think that’s helped.
Symptoms?
Since I’ve been wearing my compression socks my feet and ankles have been much better. But now it appears to have moved to my hands. When I wake up in the middle of the night the joints in my hands are very sore and I feel like they are swollen. It’s almost like I have carpal tunnel and can be somewhat painful at times.
Since I’ve been wearing my compression socks my feet and ankles have been much better. But now it appears to have moved to my hands. When I wake up in the middle of the night the joints in my hands are very sore and I feel like they are swollen. It’s almost like I have carpal tunnel and can be somewhat painful at times.
I’ve also been feeling a lot more pressure in my abdomen and according to what I’ve read and others I’ve spoken to this is normal and is a sign of her moving into position and preparing to enter the world. I have one problem scar that causes me a lot of pain when I’m laying down at night if she moves into a certain position. It seems the only thing I can do is rub the scar or put my hand on it because the warmth of my hand seems to help or it could be that she moves when I do that, I’m not sure but either way I feel much better after that. I’ve been going to the bathroom a lot more too, almost as much as when I was in the first trimester again due to her moving into position.
Labor signs?
None but it sure does seem like she is getting ready to make her grand entrance. T-minus four weeks to go!!
None but it sure does seem like she is getting ready to make her grand entrance. T-minus four weeks to go!!
Gender? GIRL!!
Belly Button In or Out?
I’m convinced my belly button is going to stay an innie and don’t think it’s going to pop out at all.
I’m convinced my belly button is going to stay an innie and don’t think it’s going to pop out at all.
Wedding rings On or Off?
Another one bites the dust L I’m now down to wearing my engagement ring only, which is really strange especially since I’m used to wearing three rings.
Another one bites the dust L I’m now down to wearing my engagement ring only, which is really strange especially since I’m used to wearing three rings.
Sleep?
Sleep has become interrupted by movements and some painful jabs. She really likes to get herself curled up on my right side which can be very uncomfortable. I’m also making more trips to the restroom at night. Thankfully I’m able to fall sleep pretty quickly after each bathroom break. My hips are also getting pretty sore at night which makes it difficult to sleep on either side for too long.
Sleep has become interrupted by movements and some painful jabs. She really likes to get herself curled up on my right side which can be very uncomfortable. I’m also making more trips to the restroom at night. Thankfully I’m able to fall sleep pretty quickly after each bathroom break. My hips are also getting pretty sore at night which makes it difficult to sleep on either side for too long.
What I miss?
Wearing all three rings and going through the day without any pain.
Wearing all three rings and going through the day without any pain.
What I'm looking forward to?
Meeting my friend Lisa’s little boy, Parker, he was born early Sunday morning. Ryan and I are hoping to get to their house this coming weekend, as long as they are up for visitors.
Meeting my friend Lisa’s little boy, Parker, he was born early Sunday morning. Ryan and I are hoping to get to their house this coming weekend, as long as they are up for visitors.
I’m looking forward to reaching 37 weeks which will be Saturday, January 19 because then baby B will be full term! We also start to see my doctor every week; it will be nice to see her a little more frequently as we get closer to our due date, especially since so many people think I will go into labor before the scheduled c-section.
Packing our hospital bags, putting the car seat bases in our vehicles and getting the last few items we need before she arrives. Thankfully, due to the fact that we have very generous family and friends we don’t have much to get some diapers, a first aid kit and some other odds and ends. Everything has become much more real over the last couple weeks and it’s finally setting in that we are in fact finally going to be parents in a few short weeks!!
I'm guessing you mean January 19th - not February 19th for 37 weeks?
ReplyDeleteYes, I meant January 19th - good catch!
Delete