Monday, January 14, 2013

36 weeks - 9 months!!






















 
Baby Bennett this week…
- she should be packing on the pounds now, about an ounce a day
- she’s shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body and the vernix caseosa the waxy stuff that covered and protected her skin during the last nine months
-  she will swallow both, along with other things, which will result in the blackish mixture Ryan will get to deal with in one of her first diapers :)

Size of the baby?
baby B is over 18 ½ inches long and now weighs almost 6 pounds
Maternity Clothes?
Only three weeks to go, I’m hoping I don’t get too much bigger!

Stretch marks?
NOPE!!
Best Moments?
Getting a few more things crossed off the “things to do before baby B arrives” checklist.  We’ve picked a pediatrician; got the last of the baby supplies we needed (going home outfit, diapers, J&J shampoo/body wash, etc.).  We also finally ordered the chair for her room.  We had been looking for one for quite some time but didn’t find any that we really liked that is until we found one that converts from a rocker to a chair with feet.  We are definitely into the final countdown!  
Movement?
We found out at our last doctor appointment that she is head down and right where she should be.  Which means the jabs and kicks I’m feeling on my sides are her arms, legs, knees or her little butt.  Ryan likes to spend some time each night “playing” with her, she moves whenever he rubs my belly and it’s so cute.  I’m guessing this will be one of the first things I miss about being pregnant, feeling her moving around.     
Food Cravings?
Rainbow Sherbet and Peanut M&Ms
Anything making you queasy or sick?
Nothing this week, thankfully it seems to change each week and nothing seems to bother me for too long.
Nausea/Vomiting?
Three weeks left, I can do this!
Symptoms?
She really likes my right side and seems to be able to tuck her entire body on that side and then stick her feet or foot up into my ribs which can be extremely uncomfortable, especially if I’m trying to walk.  This is the only time I’m really uncomfortable and can’t wait for her to move to another position.  Otherwise, I’m still feeling great and can’t believe we will be holding her in three weeks!
Labor signs?
We go to the doctor every Tuesday now; it will be interesting to see how things progress from one week to the next.  I’m still having Braxton hicks contractions but it seems to be triggered by her pushing herself into my right side. 
Gender?
GIRL!!
Belly Button In or Out?
Innie!
Wedding rings On or Off?
Thankfully, I’m still able to wear my engagement ring and am very much looking forward to the day when I get to put my wedding band and second band back on.
Sleep?
My hips get very sore at night even though I tend to sleep on one side for an hour and then flip to the other by the time my alarm goes off at 5:20 I’m ready to get up just so I can walk around and not be in pain. 
What I miss?
Nothing – I have loved being pregnant.  One of the most common things people say to me now is “are you ready to be done?” and honestly I can say I’m not.  I feel like the past 9 months have flown by and I feel like I’ve been on cloud nine the entire time.  I’m so glad I was able to experience pregnancy!
What I'm looking forward to?
We are getting maternity photos taken next Monday!  I’m definitely looking forward to them, especially since we haven’t had any professional photos since our wedding which was almost 7 years ago.  I’m also very much looking forward to capturing more images of the pregnancy since it was something we never thought would happen.  She is our little miracle and we can’t wait to meet her in three short weeks!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe there are only 3 short weeks left. You look GREAT!

    ReplyDelete