Saturday, January 19, 2013

Family Baby Shower

Let me start by saying this post is way overdue too!  On December 8th my fabulous sister Amber and aunt Janet threw my family baby shower at my parents house.  Here's a copy of the invitation, I pulled it directly from the website as to avoid having to blur out the personal information :) 


How cute is that?!?!  I LOVED it :)  Then they decorated my parents house to match the invitation - clothes line and all, it was absolutely adorable!  Here are a few pictures of the decorations.   

                      

 

There was a lot of yummy food served including egg bake, scrambled eggs, sausage, fruit, monkey bread - everything was delicious!  After eating we all gathered in the living room to open some gifts and play some games.  The first game involved each guest cutting a piece of string to the size they thought my belly was, lovely that this was the first game we played after eating :)  The majority of the strings were cut way to long but there were two people that were within an inch of each other - thanks ladies, you know who you are!  

Then we opened some gifts, played a questions game to see how well people knew Ryan and I and to see who was reading the blog.  It was funny to hear all the answers and give out some extra credit points to those that had really good answers, ones that I didn't even think of but had I, I would have put that as the answer.  For the last game the guests were asked to add up all the items from the clothes line and while they were doing that I finished opening the remaining gifts.  Once again our family was very generous and spoiled baby B.








Baby girl got a tub, bath toys, books, sleep sheep, toys, blankets, a homemade blanket, a homemade bath robe, her highchair and her crib sheets among many other things.  I think it's worth repeating, baby B was completely spoiled!

Below are a few additional pictures of some of the guests, I tried to get a picture with everyone but I'm sure I missed a couple :(

Great Aunt Peggy
Godmother - Lori

Aunt Janet (co-host)
Mother-in-law, Sharon and Sister-in-law, Nicole
                             

Amy and her daughter Brielle
Sister-in-law, Holly
                        
Aunt Chris
Fabulous sister, Amber (co-host)
My mom, grandma, sister and I
Sister, Amber and Cousin, Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment