Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Madelyn's 6 Month Photos

WARNING: Cute Photo Overload =]
(and this is only about a third of the photos we received!)

Last Tuesday I posted some of Madelyn's newborn photos, I thought it was only right to post a few of those before I posted her 6 month photos.  We had her photos taken by Amy at Chubby Cheeks Photography.  We have nothing but great things to say about Amy!  She was awesome to work with, posted a couple preview photos for us the afternoon of her photo shoot and had everything edited and back to us within three weeks - talk about a fantastic turnaround time!  We are so happy with how they turned out and have already tried to figure out when we can book Madelyn's 1 year photos with her :) 
 
I'd like to make note of a couple very special "props" used during the photos shoot.  They are very special to me and I'm so very happy that she was able to incorporate them into the session.  I'll briefly share with you why each one is so special to be before you'll see it in the photos.   
 
 

 

 
Multicolored Quilt
This was a quilt my Great Grandmother made for me before she passed away.  It's also the quilt that Madelyn plays on in our porch.  I love that she plays on a quilt made by her Great Great Grandma - so special! 








 

 
Teddy Bear
This bear is very special to us because Ryan gave it to me during my first surgery for ovarian cancer 9 1/2 years ago.  It has come to every surgery since then, including Madelyn's arrival via C-section on January 24th.  We had some photos taken of her in the hospital and that photographer also incorporated the bear.  It now sits on a shelf in her room.



 




Tow Truck
I was very close to my Grandpa and after he passed away I was able to take a keepsake.  I didn't even hesitate when I thought about what it was I'd like to have, I knew I wanted this tow truck.  My Grandpa had his own tow truck business and a tow truck collection of sorts.  This particular truck sat on a shelf right by the back door where we entered the house.  Each time I came to visit the first thing I did was push the different buttons on the tow truck and it was the last thing I did every time I left.  It now sits on a shelf in our living room and I plan on putting one of the photos in a frame right by the truck. 
 



 
I purchased the adorable blue romper, hot pink bloomers and headbands throughout her photos from my friend Angie's company - Fiona and Friends.  Check her out on Facebook or Etsy you won't be disappointed!

I'm linking up with Kristin for Baby Talk!
 


1 comment:

  1. SO CUTE ! my fave is the with the headband holding herself upright on the quilt !

    ReplyDelete