Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Madelyn's 1st Birthday Party!!

Sorry for the lack of blog posts lately.  I've been a little preoccupied with finishing up the decorations for Miss Madelyn's 1st Birthday Party!  

First, I must thank everyone who was able to come and celebrate Madelyn's big day with us!  It wouldn't have been the same without our family and friends celebrating with us.  Even though the birthday girl wasn't feeling the best she still had a blast!  We have some of the best family and friends anyone could ask for, thanks again!!
I don't think it will come as a surprise to many but I started planning and brainstorming her party when she was about 6 or 7 months old.  Yes, I am a planner and I wanted this party to be perfect.  I knew the theme would be owls and I would incorporate them into as much of the decor as possible.  And, thanks to Pinterest and Etsy my vision quickly came to life.  But instead of writing all about it I'll let the pictures do the talking.  I hope you think it turned out as well as I did!  

Birthday Invite and Decor by Lillian Hope Designs
Cupcake Toppers
Centerpiece Decorations
Centerpieces
I had the vases and the tissue paper was from our baby shower gifts
Watch Me Grow and Happy Birthday Sign
Photo Table
Smash Cake Photos from 1 Year Photo Shoot
Tables - Fabric from our wedding, Owl coloring pages by Paula Kim Studio, Look Whoo's Turning One custom coloring page by Sugar Pie Studio, photos and Hershey mini candy bars wrapped with labels to match the invite and owl decor.
gift bag table with welcome sign and mat for guests to sign
Dessert Table
Cake by Byerly's and Owl cookies by TSCookies
that cake was delicious!
smash cake end result :)
The ENTIRE Gang!
The only photo I have of the Birthday Girl
with her Auntie Nicole and cousins Jaxson and Breckyn
custom made onesie and tutu by Bethanie's Boutique
I just realized I didn't take any pictures of the food table, oops!  The Golf Club did a fantastic job putting together a menu that was kid and adult friendly.  We had cheese and crackers, fresh fruit, chicken tenders, sandwiches, homemade chips and their french onion dip.  Beverages included water, coffee and punch. 

It's Tuesday so I'm linking up with Kristin for Baby Talk! 
http://www.mamaandmou.com/

1 comment: