I just realized I never posted any of Madelyn's 1 year photos and since she's going to be 14 months old in a week, I figured I should post them now! We had the photos taken by the talented Amy over at Chubby Cheeks Photography. We had them take a couple weeks before her first birthday so we could get a couple printed for her party. Once again we had a few special props involved in the photos read on to see what those props were and why they are so special to all of us!
The next photo is special because the multicolored quilt hanging in the background was given to Madelyn by her Auntie Amber. The quilt is special because my sister cut up the bandanas we receive each year at the Minnesota Ovarian Cancer Alliance (MOCA) Silent No More Walk/Run for ovarian cancer. It was the first time she had ever made a quilt and she did an amazing job! February of this year marked 10 years since my ovarian cancer diagnosis!
The next three photos are special because one of Madelyn's friends Miss Fiona is in them! She's not a prop but a real baby ;-) We met Fiona's parents in our birth class and have become good friends. It's going to be so much fun watching these two grow up together. They absolutely crack us up! I love the one of Fiona "singing to her people!"
The next few photos of Madelyn in the "tub" are special because "the bear" made an appearance yet again! It's also special because the bath rob hanging on the chair was knitted by Madelyn's Auntie Amber. That Auntie of her sure is talented! I love that she's now getting big enough to wear it, when she was first born it was pretty big on her :)
The next set of photos were from her smash cake! It's pretty obvious she didn't like the hat, bummer. And, as you will see the cake is pretty smashed up but it wasn't because she dug in and ate it. She had a blast smashing it with her feet! It was so much fun watching her try frosting and cake for the first time.
It's Tuesday so I'm linking up with Kristin for Baby Talk over at Mama and Mou, Happy Tuesday!





















No comments:
Post a Comment