Tuesday, September 4, 2012

17 Weeks

I'm finally caught up on my weekly updates - yea!!

Baby Bennett this week…
- B’s skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone
- the umbilical cord is growing stronger and thicker
- the joints can move and sweat glands are starting to develop
 
Size of the baby?
baby measures 5 inches long and weighs about 5 ounce – about the size of a turnip

Maternity Clothes?
I might take a look at some maternity dress pants because it seems like a lot of stores have maternity clothes on sale right now so if I can find some cute dress pants on sale I might just buy them.
Stretch marks?
Nope, 17 weeks down ~23 to go I’m almost half way there!
Best Moments?
Hanging out with our families last weekend it was nice to spend some time with them without having something planned.  Saturday we went to the campground to see my parents and godparents and then surprised Ryan’s parents Saturday evening.  Sunday we hung out with Ryan’s parents and played dominos!
Movement?
I think I got to feel baby B move for the first time last Thursday night!!!  It felt like popcorn in my abdomen and it continued for about an hour.  But I haven’t felt it again since
L.
Food Cravings?
This week I’ve been drinking a lot of lemonade and raspberry lemonade!    
Anything making you queasy or sick?
Nope.    
Nausea/Vomiting?
I’ve noticed if I don’t go to bed at a decent time I start to get a little nauseous so I’m trying to stick to my normal bedtime, which is early!   
Symptoms?
My back is somewhat sore but it’s not too bad.  The only other thing I’ve noticed is my eyes seem to get dry so I’ve been taking my contacts out as soon as I get home or if I’m going out after work I bring my glasses with me to put my contacts in as soon as my eyes start to bother me. 
Labor signs?
Hopefully I’m far from any labor signs.  
Gender?
Is it a girl or is it a boy???!!!??? 
Belly Button In or Out?
No changes to the belly button.
Wedding rings On or Off?
Rings are on.
Sleep?
I’m trying really hard not to sleep on my back so I’ve been waking up every time I switch sides.  I’ve added more pillows to the bed, mainly behind me so I can’t sleep on my back but I’m not sure if it’s really working or not. 
What I miss?
Sleeping on my stomach, I’ve been a stomach sleeper forever so sleeping on my side has been quite the adjustment.    
What I'm looking forward to?
Our next doctors appointment is this coming Friday.  Even though we won't get to see baby B we will get to hear the heartbeat again, which is music to our ears!

The 13th Annual Silent No More Walk/Run for Ovarian Cancer which is taking place this Saturday, September 8.  I’m happy and thankful that I beat it and it’s nice to see the number of survivors increase each year.  If anyone wants to walk with me on Saturday you’re more than welcome to, you can sign up to walk through this link:
http://2012mocawalkrun.kintera.org/saras_supporters.
If you’re not available to walk on Saturday but you’d like to make a donation you can do so via this link: http://2012mocawalkrun.kintera.org/bennett_family.

No comments:

Post a Comment